Timing is everything...


Last week, I finally managed to sort and dig out around the Atkinson loom finally and get a warp on it.  It has been sitting since the Oct move amidst boxes of rags and wound warps.  I finally got space cleared to work and tied the harnesses, lams and treadles back together, fixing frayed ties along the way and praying for the rest to hold a while longer.  I put a warp on for an order and got it threaded as well.  The time was right.  For all that I've been putting it off, avoiding it, etc., now it is workable!  Of course, I also now need to clone myself to add that project to my list: shawls on the LeClerc (1 more to go), towels on the Macomber (just started 21yds), runners on the Hammett (1/2 has been woven for order), and rag bags on the Toika (a few done, a few to go)... Never mind the projects I still want to do after these...

Today, I hope to get started on the new warp...I guess I had to get some of those other projects out of my system this past week: a few towels, a couple of scarves, several bag bodies...

A good project for the day's contemplation of world chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment