Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving


I've been busy around the Studio & Gallery.  Though it is just Thanskgiving, I have to start celebrating Christmas to compete in the retail world and keep up with the consciousness of the consuming customer.  I also chomp at the bit to get it over with.  Yesterday, at the end of the day, I put out the Christmas tree and more holiday decorations so that I would have things ready for Friday.  In some ways it was festive, perhaps because of the anticipation.  Maybe I am just brainwashed by society.  Today I will enjoy Turkey, give Thanks for all that I have (health, home, friends, family), and take a moment from all that production and consumerism.  Kudos to the chefs and cooks, too, who serve up the bounty we shall enjoy.  The right tool in the kitchen is priceless.  Make it an artful accent as well. 

1 comment:

  1. The consumerism gets to me too. And here we are, artists who have to dive in anyway. I have a feeling we'll come out on the other side just fine.

    I love this pattern and colors. Perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete