Seasonal Thoughts

"tis the season"...Well, it seems early to be thinking of the Holidays, but also like they have almost passed by already.  The hype has started (actually a while ago).  Commercials began before Halloween in October and decorations started to appear in the home stores after Labor Day in September.  Yesterday, I turned on the radio to listen as I was working in the studio and they were playing Christmas songs in November, before Thanksgiving, and not the very good ones.  I'll be tired of them before December even rolls around.  I'm in a bit of a quandry because I, too, have to be in the Holiday mode for the Gallery.  I have to market with the messages that everyone is hearing and try to attract sales before it is too late.  I also have to step up production to have things made in time, or it will be too late and they will have to wait until next year.  It's hard to push the practical side when, as an artist, I would just like to let the creative energy flow in it's own direction.  Sometimes,  I would like to relax and ride the wave with others rather than to make it.

1 comment:

  1. You're singing my song!
    I hate rushing anything, especially the holidays.
    I love the cozy coasters though. We've been pretty good at sneaking the small things in.

    The shop/gallery looks great!

    ReplyDelete